Saturday, May 31, 2008


Just waiting to here back from Haley about how loading Shell Fire into a float went this weekend. She needs to move him to a place that has a loading bay for a transport company to pick him up.

I am now debating how much it would cost me to go and pick him up.... Might be easier and less stressful for him.

I am desperate to see him in the flesh. He just looks so lovely and I remember him from so many years ago. He is just lovely.

I have a paddock and stable all set to go for him..... just need the little horse now to fill it!

Which reminds me.... really need to get some photos of the paddocks and stables onto here.

Sunday, May 25, 2008


Its now been confirmed that I will not be going down to Eketahuna due to the pictures taken of the float not quite meeting what Helen wants in a float... which means I wont be able to pick up Shell Fire this week. :(

On a brighter note, Haley (his owner) contacted Woodville Horse Floats and they are prepared to put some time in loading him, so he might actually get up here this week via them :D
I have only ever heard good things about this company and previous mare owners have sent their beloved mares to my last stallion via this service. The horses have always arrived in great condition despite at times being on board for more than 12 hours.

Its nice to be able to recommend a horsey service :D

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Little Disappointing :(

Dear little Shell Fire didnt want to load the other morning, so he is not as of yet gracing the paddocks with his presence. I am guessing that he didnt want to leave his 'mummy' behind.

Thought I had better write something and explain as I have given out the address of this blog to a few people now and they will all probably be checking in seeing if he has arrived :D

Plans are to hopefully pick him up when I head down with Helen to go and look at a float she is looking to buy. If she does buy it (she is pretty sure, but you never know) we will look to going and picking up the little man at the same time.

Will update as I hear more.